Wednesday 28 December 2011

OMG!

On Christmas Eve I had to make a last minute, panic purchase trip into town. You'd have thought with 364 days notice we would have managed to get the shopping organised beforehand! And I wish I hadn't gone because what I saw has upset my Christmas. Outside Ethel Austin and the Carpet shop I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this monstrosity.

I guess it is something to do with the new electricity supply for town events. I understand the previous supply had been declared inappropriate for it's new uses, e.g. Farmers' Markets and town events etc. So the unobtrusive old supply has been replaced by this eyesore.

Bearing in mind the stringent planning controls that apply to any development in the High Street due to it being a Conservation Area, I can't believe that this galvanised tin box has been allowed. And apart from it's size, shape and colour, I sincerely hope that the brick paving around it's base will be repaired to replace what I hope is only temporary tarmac.

No comments: